Aman Gupta is an Indian Entrepreneur who found the Indian electronic brand, boAt. He is the Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the company.
Aman in his boAt office
Aman Gupta was born on Thursday, 4 March 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi. Later, he attended Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (M) from 1998 to 2001 to study Bachelor of Commerce (Hons). He pursued Chartered Accountant, Accounting and Finance at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India from 1999 to 2002. He took admission to the Indian School of Business to study M.B.A. in Finance and Strategy from 2010 to 2011. Later, he studied M.B.A. in General Management and Marketing as an Exchange Student at Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management in 2011.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Aman’s father’s name is Neeraj Gupta and he worked as a director at Advanced Telemedia Pvt. Ltd.
Aman Gupta’s father
Aman’s mother’s name is Jyoti Kochar Gupta.
Aman with his mother
His brother’s name is Anmol Gupta, and his sister’s name is Neha Gupta.
Aman Gupta’s brother
Aman Gupta’s sister
Wife & Children
Aman is married to Priya Dagar and has two daughters, Adaa Gupta, and Miraya.
Aman Gupta’s wife
Aman with his daughter Adaa
Aman Gupta’s daughter Miraya
He belongs to the Baniya caste.
Co-founder of boAt
Aman started his career in Citi Bank as an Assistant Manager in 2003. In 2005, he found the company Advanced Telemedia Pvt Ltd. along with his father. In 2011, he joined KPMG International Limited as a Senior Management Consultant (Strategy Services Group). In 2012, he started working as a Director in Sales at HARMAN International. In 2014, he found the company Imagine Marketing India. In 2020, he worked as the Chairman D2C Council as a freelancer in the company Internet and Mobile Association of India. In 2016, he became the co-founder of the electronic company boAt.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2019, he won the Businessworld Young Entrepreneur Award.
Aman as a recipient of the Businessworld Young Entrepreneur Award
- In 2019, he was on the list of Entrepreneur India Tech 25 Class.
- In 2020, he was the winner of Super 30 CMO’s.
Aman as a winner of Super 30 CMO’s
- In 2020, he won the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- In 2020, he was on the list of 40 under 40 Achievers by Businessworld.
- In 2020 and 2021, his brand boAt became the World’s Top 5 Wearable Brand.
- In 2021, he was on the list of 40 Under 40 list of Economic Times.
- In 2021, he won the Lokmat Most Stylish Entrepreneur of the Year.
Aman Gupta wins Lokmat Most Stylish Entrepreneur of the Year
- Aman’s company boAt is an Indian electronics brand. It sells earphones, headphones, travel chargers and premium rugged cables. His company, boAt, do business with the company Imagine Marketing India.
- He partnered with Sameer Mehta to start the company. In an interview, he revealed that when they started the company, he and his partner used to work in a cafe, Social, in New Delhi. He also added that before they emerged in the market, there were already 200 brands in India that made earwear. Their company produced an Apple charging cable and charger as their first product that became the largest seller on Amazon.
- In an interview, he revealed that they kept in mind the demands of the youngsters while they made the product. He added,
We talk to consumers in a language they understand. Millennials are very impatient, and if we don’t evolve with them, then we are dead.”
- In an interview, he said that he faced a lot of rejections in his life. He further added that initially, a digital agency demanded Rs 50,000 a month to work with them, and he could not afford the amount, so he learned digital marketing himself and did social media marketing for his company on his own.
- The brand ambassador of boAt includes Jacqueline Fernandez, KL Rahul, and Hardik Pandya.
Aman with cricketer KL Rahul
- In 2021, he appeared as a judge on the show ‘Shark Tank India.’ The show was based on the concept of the American show ‘Shark Tank.’ In the Indian version of the show, some entrepreneurs presented their start-up ideas and impressed the judges to invest in their start-up. In an interview, he said that when he started his company, he used to watch many episodes of the American show, Shark Tank.
Aman in the show ‘Shark Tank India’
- In 2021, he collaborated with Punjabi singer AP Dhillon for his brand promotion. In an interview, he said,
As a youth-centric, millennial-focused brand, we know that stars keep changing for young people, and that’s why they like Dhillon. I was surprised to learn that all his shows were sold out, even in Hyderabad and Goa.”
Aman with singer AP Dhillon
- In 2021, he carried out a campaign titled ‘What Floats Your Boat’ that featured actors Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani.
Aman with actress Kiara Advani
- In 2021, he appeared on the show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati,’ with other judges of the show ‘Shark Tank India.’
Aman on the show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
Aman featured in a newspaper
- He likes to drink alcohol on various occasions.
Aman holding a glass of wine