Eka Lakhani is an Indian costume designer, known for her work in bollywood and south Indian films.
Eka Lakhani is (age 34 years; as of 2022). She is born in Mumbai, Maharastra, India. Eka is an Indian costume designer. In the year 2005, Eka joined SNDT (Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University) for three years for the fashion designing course. Later in the year 2008, Eka moved to New York where she joined the Fashion institute for technology to groom up her skills. During that time, she was also working on a magazine, writing about high fashion. After a year, Eka returned back from New York, and she joined Sabyasachi Mukherjee her mentor, as an assistant costume designer for Mani Ratnam’s movie Raavan in the year 2010. Mani Ratnam was very impressed by Eka’s work in his movie, Raavan, so he signed her to be the main costume designer for his next film, Kadal. Eka Lakhani worked with directors Rajkumar Hirani and Karan Johar. She has designed costumes for celebrities like Ranveer Singh, Sonakshi Sinha, Kiara Advani, and Aditi Rao Hydari. Apart from bollywood Eka also worked in South Indian movies as well. Later in 2019, Eka founded “Team E” that included experienced designers who worked on various projects under the supervision of Eka. The first project done by Team E was the Madras Talkies, in the year 2020.
Eka Lakhani a costume designer
Parents & Siblings
Eka Lakhani’s father name is Bharat Lakhani. He is a renowned business tycoon in the field of textile in Mumbai, India. Eka Lakhani’s mother’s name is Jayshree Lakhani.
Eka Lakhani with her mother, father, and brother
Beej Lakhani, brother of Eka Lakhani is a photographer.
Eka Lakhani with her brother Beej Lakhani
As a Costume Designer
In the year 2010, Eka Lakhani returned back from New York, and she joined Sabyasachi Mukherjee as an assistant costume designer in Mani Ratnam’s movie, Raavan. Later, Mani Ratnam signed Eka as a full-time costume designer for his next film Kadal, as he was very impressed by Eka’s work. Eka Lakhani worked with a number of bollywood films like Nh10, Ok Jaanu, Soorma, The sky is Pink, and Sanju. Apart from this she also worked in web series like The Lust story and Queen. Apart from bollywoood, Eka also worked in South Indian films like Urumi, Ok Kanmani, Kaatru Veliyidai, Iru Mugan, and in 2020 Ponniyin Selvan. Eka worked AR Rahman’s songs.
As an Actress
Eka Lakhani apart from costume designing, she also played a minor role in movies like Kadal and One by Two. Eka was also a child artist, she acted in the movie Abhay in the year 1994.
- Eka Lakhani received the best costume designer award for a Tamilian film, in the year 2021.
Eka Lakhani best costume designer for Tamil film
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor.
Eka Lakhani with her favourite actor Ranbir Kapoor
Eka Lakhani net worth is $1.1 Million; as of 2022.
- According to Eka Lakhani, she loves to dress Aditi Rao Hydari.
Eka Lakhani with Aditi Rao Hydri
- As per Eka Lakhani, she enjoys working more on biopics and documentaries.
- According to Eka, she once took an oath that she would go to Tirupati and tonsure her head, if she becomes the main costume designer of Mani Ratnam.
- Eka Lakhani from her childhood days, always surrounded herself with paintings, art, and books.
- According to Eka Lakhani, it was Eka’s dream to work with Rajkumar Hirani.
- As per Eka, she designed Shraddha Kapoor‘s costume in one of the songs from OK Jaanu film from her father’s favourite cushion covers.
- According to Eka, Eka’s father is her role model. During her childhood days, Eka’s favourite place was her father’s cupboard, where she used to sit with all his shirts.
Eka Lakhani with her father during her childhood days
- Whenever Eka Lakhani meets someone for the first time she always wears a white shirt and blue jeans.