Husband: Vikas Thapar Education: MBA Age: 45 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Namita Thapar
- Namita Thapar is an Indian entrepreneur who is the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals (as of 2022).
- She grew up in an affluent family in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Thapar did her schooling at a school in Pune.
- In her school days, Namita only focused on her studies and put her extracurricular activities at bay. She was her class topper.
- Soon after Namita completed her MBA, she was offered the position of business finance lead in the financial planning department of Guidant Corporation, a medical device company in the USA. She worked in the company for around 6 years in various positions and then resigned from there.
- She then joined her father’s company Emcure Pharmaceuticals as CFO.
- Soon, she was appointed as the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals.
Namita Thapar in Malaysia at Emcure Sales Awards
- Namita founded Incredible Ventures Ltd., an education company, in 2017. The company’s objective is to promote youth entrepreneurship by teaching entrepreneurial skills to children of 11-18 years of age group. The company has its branches in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Ahmedabad.
Namita Thapar during one of the sessions of Incredible Ventures Ltd.
- Namita is one of the Board Members of the Regional Advisory Board of Fuqua School of Business.
- Namita is also a member of the Young Presidents Organization.
- Thapar is a trustee on TiE Mumbai Board of Trustees.
- In 2021, she appeared as one of the judges in Shark Tank India, the Indian adaptation of the popular American business reality show ‘Shark Tank.’ In the show, the judges are called the ‘sharks’ who listen to various business ideas and invest in them.
Namita Thapar in Shark Tank India
- In her spare time, she loves to read and travel.
- She is a huge fan of Bollywood films. Namita shared during an interview that she used to watch the first-day first show of almost all the Bollywood films before her marriage. She even revealed that she named her kids Vir and Jai after the names of the lead characters in the Bollywood film Sholay (1975).
- The popular Indian banker Naina Lal Kidwai and the Indian-American business tycoon Indra Nooyi are her role models.
Namita Thapar with Naina Lal Kidwai
- During an interview, Thapar shared that the three Ms that help her maintain her mental and physical balance were massage, movies, and meditation. She said,
I relax in three ways—massage, movies, and meditation. I ensure I schedule time for this on a routine basis so I don’t reach that breaking point.”
- Thapar has been associated with PM Modi‘s initiatives like NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform and ‘Champions of Change’ programme.
Namita Thapar as a part of government’s Niti Aayog program
- Namita is also a public speaker. She has conducted public speaking sessions at various well-known platforms like Harvard Business School, Indian Institute of Management (IIM- Ahmedabad), ET women’s conference, and FICCI.
Namita Thapar speaking at a women’s health conference in Hyderabad
- In 2020, Thapar created a YouTube channel named Uncondition Yourself with Namita Thapar in which she uploads videos of her talk show in which she talks about women’s health with various doctors, patients, and health experts.
- In an interview, Namita was asked about her policy on gadgets during work. She replied,
I am addicted to my phone as so much of my work happens over e-mail and Whatsapp and I enjoy Twitter and podcasts. However, I make sure not to carry my phone to meetings. It is absolutely disrespectful to the speakers if you keep checking messages while they are presenting and I am very particular about my work ethic which must reflect basic manners and a certain class. My son commented how much I am on the phone and since that day I try to check my messages only once every hour when I am at home. I am trying to extend this to once every two hours. “