Naseebo Lal is a Pakistani folk singer. Her ancestors belonged to Rajasthan in India. She sings in Punjabi, Urdu, and Marwari languages. She is known for her performances in various stage shows and cultural events in Pakistan stage shows and cultural events. She participated in the Pakistani musical show titled ‘Coke Studio’ in 2016. It was the ninth season of Coke Studio in which she sang the song Groove Mera alongside Aima Baig and Young Stunners. She then appeared in the fourteenth season of the Pakistani Coke Studio musical show in 2022 and sang the song Tu Jhoom with Abida Praveen.
Naseebo Lal while singing at Coke Studio
Naseebo Lal was born on Saturday, 10 January 1970 (age 52 years; as of 2022) in Chishtian, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did not receive formal education.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black (often coloured)
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Babli. She has two sisters named Sheena Lal and Farah Lal, and both of them are singers.
Naseebo Lal (extreme left) with her sister Farha Lal and nephew
Naseebo Lal’s sister Sheena Lal while singing
She has two brothers named Shahid Lal and Tabedar Lal, who are singers in the Pakistan entertainment industry.
Naseebo Lal with her brother Shahid Lal
Husband & Children
Her husband’s name is Naveed Naseebo Lal. The couple has a son and a daughter named Murad Hussain and Noor Fatima, respectively.
Naseebo Lal with her husband and daughter
Naseebo Lal with her son and daughter
The ancestors of Naseebo Lal used to sing songs and perform musical stage shows at public gatherings and weddings. Her descendants belonged to Rajasthan; however, they moved to Pakistan after the partition of India in 1947. Her mother was a singer and had knowledge of music, and she used to teach music to Naseebo Lal in her childhood.
Later, she received formal education in music from Ustaad Lal Khan and Ustaad tabla maestro Tafoo. The song ‘Sun Ve Balori Akh Walia’ from the picture Anwara, which was released in 1970, was composed by Tafoo. In 1999, Naseebo Lal started singing in the Pakistani film industry when she sang in the Punjabi movie Desan Da Raja, which was produced by Sarvar.
‘Jinda Yaar Juda Ho Jaye,’ ‘Bukkal De Vich Chor’, and ‘Kundi Na Kharka,’ ‘Meri Phullan Wali Kurti’, ‘Ronde Ne Nain Nimare’, ‘Sache Kabhe Moun Marde’ are some of the hit songs sung by Naseebo Lal. She is also known for singing the song ‘Silli Silli Aundi Hawa’ which was earlier sung by Indian singer Hans Raj Hans. This song was a smashing hit that opened the doors for her and received several singing offers from Lollywood. The UK based musical industry named Oriental Star Agencies also approached her to record her songs.
- Since childhood, Naseebo Lal liked to sing the songs sung by Madam Noor Jahan. The songs which were earlier sung by Noor Jahan like ‘Jadon Holi Jai Lenda Mera’ and ‘Anda Tere Layee Reshmi Rumal’ were later transformed and sung by Naseebo Lal.
- In 2012, in Birmingham, England, Naseebo Lal was invited by The Drum Theatre to sing at a concert. This concert gave her world recognition.
- According to Naseebo Lal, the new and poor singers did not get proper training and chance to show their talent across the world. That was why, in 2016, Naseebo Lal opened a musical academy for the underprivileged budding singers in the Garwastan. In an interview with a media house, Naseebo Lal talked about her struggles after she entered the Pakistani entertainment industry. Naseebo Lal said,
It is my dream to send young musicians to participate in competitions across the globe.”
- Naseebo Lal remains very active on her Instagram account and Facebook page. More than 16k people follow her on Instagram, and she is followed by more than 26k people on her Facebook page.
- She often sings at various marriage events in Pakistan.
Naseebo Lal on a wedding invitation
- Several live concerts and musical shows are performed by Naseebo Lal along with renowned singers like Nargis, Nisar Butt, Shabnam Chaudhry, Zubin Shah, and Nadia Ali.
- Shahid Lal and Naseebo Lal released a music album together in 2017. Shahid is Naseebo’s brother.
- In 2021, Naseebo Lal, along with the other singers of the anthem Pakistan Super League (PSL) 6 were heavily criticised for launching this album, and the video of this song was also disliked on YouTube. However, the song was a hit.
The poster of the PSL 6 album