Neelanjana Ray is an Indian singer who is known for being the winning the title of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2022 (Season 30).
Neelanjana Ray was born on Thursday, 4 December 2003 (age 18 years; as of 2021) in Alipurduar, West Bengal, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She attended Netaji Vidyapith Higher Secondary School, Alipurduar, West Bengal for her primary and secondary education.
Neelanjana Ray’s childhood picture with her mother
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Neelanjana was born in a middle class family in Alipurduar, West Bengal. Her father’s name is Subhash Ray and mother’s name is Rinku Das. Both her parents are school teachers.
Neelanjana Ray with her parents
Neelanjana Ray started her singing career with participating in Voice of India Kids Season 2, a singing reality competition television series for kids, which went on air on 11 November 2017 on StarPlus. The judges for the show were Papon, Shaan, Palak Muchhal, and Neeti Mohan. Each contestant was assigned to a mentors for their training. Neelanjana competed in the show under the mentorship of Shaan. She received great comments for her performance thrught out the competition but ended up as the runner-up of the ‘Voice of India Kids.’ She won a Rs. 10 Lakh as the runner-up of the show.
Neelanjana Ray, in 2018, auditioned for Sony Entertainment Television’s singing reality show Indian Idol Junior Season 10. Javed Ali, Neha Kakkar, and Vishal Dadlani were the judges on the show and it was hosted by Manish Paul. Ray mesmerized the judges with her each performance and in no time became one of the favourite contestants of the judges.Vishal Dadlani, Singer and judge of Indian Idol Junior, praised her by comparing her melodious voice and singing skills to the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar after she performed one of her songs. On the finale, she was announced as the 2nd runner up for the show and was rewarded with a sum of Rs 1 Lakh. Neelanjana rose to popularity after appearing as a contestant on the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2021. The hindi-language reality singing television show was judged by Vishal Dadlani, Himesh Reshammiya, and Shankar Mahadevan. Ray enhanced her singing with each passing episode and received huge appreciation from the judges as well as the audience. Her understanding of music became of unique factor for her.
Neelanjana Ray holding the trophy of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2021
The finale of the show was held on 8 March 2022 and she was announced to be the winner of the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2021. Neelanjana Ray received prestigious trophy along with a cheque worth Rs 10 lakh. During the media interaction after the finale, she expressed her gratitude and said,
I am so happy to have won Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2021 and extremely grateful to the audience for all their appreciation and love. This is such a surreal moment for me, and I really can’t believe that this incredible journey has come to an end. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa has been such an enriching experience. There is a lot that I have had the opportunity to learn from our judges, the mentors, and the grand jury members who have been extremely supportive and encouraging throughout our journey.”
Talking about her experience on the show, she said,
Of course, I will miss the extensive training and rehearsal sessions that we regularly had. But, most of all, I will cherish all those priceless moments that I spent with my fellow contestants, bonding with them cheering them on. Everyone on our set has been like a family member to me, and I would love to thank Zee TV for providing me with this amazing opportunity.”
- Neelanjana Ray has sung the promo song of Sony Entertainment Television’s ‘Vighnaharta Ganesh,’ a hindu mythology drama series, along with Salman Ali, Nitin Kumar, and Ankush.
- When during a media interaction, she was asked about her inspiration for music, she answered
It has to be my parents, who have supported me unconditionally. They are the ones who guided me in my career. They used to take the trouble and take me for my classes where my teacher used to train me. Both my parents are music lovers. After them, I admire Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, and Mohammed Rafi. They have established music and defined music.”
- Neelanjana Ray has done a number of stage shows alongside many Bollywood stars in India as well as internationally.
- Her favourite moment on the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa show was meeting Raveena Tandon, when she came as a guest on the show. Recalling about it, she narrated
In her episode I got an opportunity to sing a very different song, which was originally sung by SPB (SP Balasubrahmanyam) sir. There is one antara by Lata (Mangeshkar) ji too, but mainly its SPB sir’s song. I sang “Tumse Jo Dekhte Hi Pyar Hua” (from Patthar Ke Phool).”
- Ray is followed by a huge number of people on her social media accounts. She has more than 288 k followers on Instagrams and 123 k followers on Facebook. She has her own YouTube channel named ‘Neelanjana Ray,’ where she posts videos of her singing original and cover music. She has more than more than 35 k followers on her channel.
- The Sa Re Ga Ma Pa winner also enjoys lyrics writing and doing music composition. She released her first original song titled ‘Thank you so much’ on 3 October 2019, which was fully dedicated to her parents for all their love and support.
- She enjoys playing different musical instruments including guitar, piano, and the harmonium.
Neelanjana Ray playing guitar
- In 2019, DUARS Committee of Alipurduar honoured Neelanjana Ray with the Duars Ratna.